There are many situations in which it is advisable to retain a licensed structural engineer to perform a foundation assessment. Below are a few common situations in which my clients hire me for my services:
- Homeowners hire me when they notice signs of foundation distress and want honest advice about what to do.
- Homeowners hire me when they want to learn how to manage their property in a way that minimizes chances for foundation distress.
- Homeowners, home buyers and home sellers hire me when they want a second opinion after a foundation contractor gives a quote for costly repairs.
- Home buyers hire me when their mortgage lender requires an engineer’s evaluation of the foundation. This is common when home buyers are seeking a VA, HUD, FHA or Rural Development loan.
- Home buyers hire me when their Home Inspector notes signs of foundation distress on the Home Inspection report and want honest advice about what to do.
- Home sellers hire me when they are readying their house for sale and want honest advice about what to do. Establishing the extent of foundation problems can help the home sellers and their realtors to set an attractive sale price.